About Me : )
I'm Eric Miller. I live in Panama City, FL.
Site for a Fashion Photographer
Protected Client Work
- Custom background color changer with mouse movement influence
- PHP photography CMS built from the ground up
To respect the privacy of my clients, this work requires a password to view. Please contact me if you'd like the password.
In progress. Freelance Project for a Wisconsin Cheese Manufacturer
Ed - The Student Mastery Tracker
- Drupal/Ubercart and PHP
- Goal of providing a deeply customizable e-commerce platform
In progress. Web application for tracking student mastery of state learning objectives.
- The awesome thing about this is (I think) the awesome JSON manipulation
- Technical proof of concept using Asynchronous JSON and a tiny bit of CSS3 transition magic
Software Entrepreneurship Effort. I was Web Developer, Creative Director, and Game Designer
- PHP, JS-free Suckerfish Drop Downs, MySQL
- Built a custom blogging and login system myself
- Using an image replacement technique to make section titles easy to maintain
Conway's Game of Life
An exercise to to the "Game of Life" using Backbone and other modern technologies.
- Implemented a Game of Life with click and drag interaction
- Supports live interaction with the running simulator
- Grid size based on window size. (Performs better with fast browsers or small windows)
- Used Backbone.js, CSS3, and Zepto
A proof of concept. I wanted to show that the broad differences between devices can be demonstrated with a JS test that takes >250ms to run. This was successful (try it on an iPhone 3, then on an iPhone 4).
Box2d Test Demo
- Implemented JS benchmarking best practices
- Selected and wrote tests based on frequency of use on typical web applications
A demo of the JS port of Erin Catto's Box 2D physics engine, using the canvas tag.
This is the kind of thing that will be awesome someday. It's also known as the magic innuendo generator.
- Absolutely nothing technically admirable here, but it is a fantastically cheesy idea, I think
I'm turning a cargo van into a mobile office and bedroom for wandering and working.